What's Our Business?
We believe growing churches are driven by the biblical mission purposed by God in the "2 GC's":
- The Great Commission: ...go, make disciples... baptizing them...,and teaching them. (Matt 28:18-20)
- The Great Commandment: love God...love others. (Matt 22:36-39)
We call it Making Fully Devoted Followers of Jesus Christ. (FDF)
Being purpose driven is not about being relevant or contemporary. It is about being biblical and eternal. The five purposes of the church as given to us by Jesus Christ in the Great Commandment and the Great Commission are eternal, and never go out of style. They are not a fad. While the methods and styles must change with every generation, the purposes of God never change.
- Reach... to invest, invite, and take risks to out to others with the love of Christ... no strings attached. "..and how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone telling them?" Rom 10-13-14
- Grow... to become like Christ. "...rooted and built up in him... strengthened in the faith, overflowing with thankfulness." Col 2:7-8
- Connect... to be in comm-UNITY with God's family. "And they were continually devoting themselves...to fellowship." Acts 2:42
- Serve... to serve God by serving others. "By this all men will know that you are my disciples,if you love one another." John 13:35.
- Worship... to honor God through a 24/7 lifestyle, expressed individually and corporately.